The Operational Support and Analysis module is one of the ITIL® Service Capability modules, and will be of interest to candidates wishing to gain a deep level of understanding of ITIL processes and roles, how they are implemented and how they interact.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service OperationPrincipals
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Operational Support and Analysis
- Specific emphasis on theService OperationLifecycle processes and roles included in:
- Event Management which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident Management which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Request Fulfillment which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
- Problem Management which prevents problems and resulting Incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring Incidents and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle phases such as:
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Knowledge Management
- Financial Management for IT services
- IT Service Continuity Management
- CommonService Operationactivities related to Service Operation and Support
- Organizing forService Operationwhich describe functions to be performed within the Service
- Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management, Application Management
- Service Operations and Support Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
The target group of the ITILÂ® 2011 Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Version 3 Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the ITIL Version 2 Foundation plus the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITILÂ® certifications
- Individuals who require an in-depth understanding of ITILÂ® Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITILÂ® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing Service Improvement Program
- Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfillment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Examination Format: Multiple Choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions: 8
Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
Delivery: Online or Paper Based Examination through an Accredited Training Organization
Exam Duration: Maximum ninety minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of one hundred and twenty minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
Open/Closed Book: Closed Book.
|ITILÂ®(OSA)||ITILÂ® Operational Support & Analysis||View Details|
Training â€“ Adept is Authorized Training Provider
Materials - Adept is Authorized Courseware Provider
- Participation certificate with 16 hrs of PDU
- Exin Authorized Exam for ITILÂ® Operational Support & Analysis - AEC