The Planning, Protection and Optimization module is one of the ITIL® Service Capability modules, and will be of interest to candidates wishing to gain a deep level of understanding of ITIL® processes and roles, how they are implemented and how they interact.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successfulservice design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successfulservice design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, Protection and Optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
And specifically in the following keyITIL process and role areas
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risk Management for Service Planning, Protection and Optimization.
The target group of the ITILÂ® Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITILÂ® Version 3 Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the ITILÂ® Version 3 Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require an in-depth understanding of ITILÂ® Certificate in the Service Offerings and Agreement processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITILÂ® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing Service Improvement Program
- Operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management, Risk Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Examination Format:Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions:8
Pass Score:28/40 or 70%.
Delivery:Online or Paper Based Examination through an Accredited Training Organization.
Exam Duration:Maximum ninety minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of one hundred and twenty minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
Open/Closed Book:Closed Book
|ITILÂ®(PPO)||ITILÂ® Planning,Protection & Optimization||View Details|
Training- Adept is Authorized Training Provider
Materials- Adept is Authorized Courseware Provider
- Participation certificate with 32 hrs of PDU
- Exin Authorized Exam forITIL Planning, Protection & Optimization - AEC
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® 2011 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the Version 3 Foundation or Version 2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate), which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.