The ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) qualification is a capstone qualification. It is the final required module which a candidate must take prior to achieving ITIL® Expert Level
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Management of Strategic Change
- Risk Management
- Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Service Assessment
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance.
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Examination Format:Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
Number of Questions:8
Pass Score:28/40 or 70%.
Delivery:Online or Paper Based Examination through an Accredited Training Organization.
Exam Duration:Maximum ninety minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of one hundred and twenty minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
Open/Closed Book:Closed Book